Most lawyers never stand in front of a jury on behalf of an injured victim.
- Has trial experience with your type of case. Not one who has done a hundred criminal trials, or divorces, but one who has stood in front of a jury and asked that his client be compensated for the losses caused by the negligent party.
- Look for a lawyer who is Board Certified in Civil Trial by the Florida Bar.
- Find a lawyer who focuses his practice on injury cases.
- Make sure your lawyer will actually take your case all the way to trial if that is required.
- Look for a lawyer who has the financial ability to pay for the costs that are required to go to trial.
- Ask the lawyer if they will be the one handling your case from the beginning to the end?
- Will take your case on a contingency fee basis, including the costs.
- Educates and teaches other lawyers how to try complex cases.
We believe that insurance companies know which law firms try cases and which ones just want to settle at all cost. If you are not represented by a law firm who has a reputation for trying cases, your claim will not receive full value. For that reason, our personal injury division has an aggressive and experienced trial team that will take your case all the way.
Powell and Esapt handles each case as if it were going to trial. We do a thorough investigation and we make sure we have all the evidence and work done at the beginning. Because of this, the insurance companies know that we have our facts together and are prepared to go to trial if needed. Our personal injury practice areas include the following: