MattLaw®: Your Florida Construction Accident Attorney
Construction sites are inherently dangerous environments, and unfortunately, accidents can happen despite strict safety regulations. With heavy machinery, high platforms, and numerous workers performing a variety of tasks, the potential for injury is significant. Many people think workers compensation is the only source of payment for an on the job injury. To be clear, if you are injured on the job, your employer is not protected from being sued for negligence when they offer workers compensation benefits.
When you are injured on the job due to the negligence of another company, a defective product, or an unsafe working condition not caused by your employer, MattLaw® is able to bring a claim for all of your damages above and beyond your workers compensation benefits.
Understanding Constructions Accidents
Florida’s personal injury laws and how they relate to construction site accidents can be complex. The experienced attorneys at MattLaw® have a deep understanding of your rights and claims you have the right to make. The MattLaw® team is committed to providing the victims of construction accidents personalized, compassionate, and highly qualified legal representation.
Types of Construction Accidents
- Falls from Heights: Construction workers often work at elevated heights, increasing the risk of falls from scaffolding, ladders, roofs, and other structures. These accidents often result from inadequate safety measures, improper scaffolding, or lack of fall protection equipment.
- Electrocutions: Electrical hazards are prevalent on construction sites. Defective equipment, faulty wiring, and negligence can lead to serious electrical injuries.
- Heavy Machinery Accidents: Construction sites involve the use of heavy machinery such as cranes, bulldozers, and forklifts. Mishaps involving these machines can lead to catastrophic injuries due to poor training, lack of safety guards, mechanical defects, operator error, or poor or negligent maintenance.
- Falling Objects or Debris: Negligence in securing materials and tools can lead to debris falling from elevated surfaces and causing injuries to the workers or bystanders below.
- Structural Collapses: Building collapses or structural failures caused by poor construction, design flaws, or subpar materials can result in catastrophic injuries.
- Chemical Exposures: Failure to provide proper protective gear and inadequate hazard communication can lead to chemical-related injuries and illnesses.
- Trench Collapses: Inadequate shoring, improper excavation techniques, and lack of safety protocols can result in trench cave-ins causing traumatic injuries.
What to do After a Construction Accident
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Your help and well-being is the top priority.
- Report the Accident: Notify your supervisor or employer as soon as possible.
- Gather and Preserve Evidence: Take photos, gather witness information, and retain any relevant documents.
- Avoid Giving Recorded Statements: Refrain from providing recorded statements, particularly to insurance adjusters, until you have consulted with an experienced construction accident attorney.
- Contact an Experienced Construction Accident Attorney: The experienced attorneys at MattLaw® can fight for you by protecting your rights and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help You
- Investigation: Our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation to determine liability. This process includes collecting evidence, reviewing safety records, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts. Our network of construction experts, engineers, and medical professionals can provide insights that strengthen your case’s credibility.
- Legal Guidance: Our attorneys will guide you through the legal process, ensuring you understand your rights and options. We will handle the communication with insurance companies and opposing parties on your behalf.
- Negotiation: We will skillfully negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to secure a settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, you will have an experienced, triple board certified, civil trial lawyer ready to go to court to advocate for you and fight for your rights.
- Compassionate Support: We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll accidents can take. Our team is here to offer you guidance and support through every step of the process.
Why Choose MattLaw®?
- Experience: With over 35 years of experience representing injury victims and over 96 trials on his resume, triple board certified attorney Matt Powell has a proven history of success handling complex construction accident cases.
- No Fee Unless We Win: If we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing. Your peace of mind is our priority.
- Comprehensive Investigation: We collaborate with industry experts to thoroughly investigate every case, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Personalized Attention: The MattLaw® team understands that every client is unique, and we tailor our approach to suit each individual client’s needs.
- Compassion: We’re not just your legal representatives, we’re here to support you during a challenging time. We understand why you need us and we’re here for you.