MattLaw®: Your Florida Rideshare and Taxi Accident Attorney
In the sunny state of Florida, rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft, along with traditional taxis, have become essential modes of transportation for residents and tourists alike. The surge in rideshare popularity has caused an increase in accidents involving these vehicles.
Understanding Rideshare and Taxi Accidents
Rideshare and taxi accidents can be more complex than regular car accidents due to the involvement of multiple parties – the driver, the rideshare company or taxi service, and potentially other third parties. Determining liability can be intricate and difficult, given the various insurance policies at play. The experienced attorneys at MattLaw® know how to navigate the complexities of insurance claims and liability determination in these cases.
Common Causes of Rideshare and Taxi Accidents
- Distracted Driving: Drivers can become distracted by using their smartphones, GPS devices, by road hazards, or interacting with passengers.
- Driver Fatigue: Long hours on the road can lead to driver fatigue, impairing reaction times and decision-making ability.
- Reckless Driving: Pressure to meet deadlines or pick up as many passengers as possible can lead drivers to engage in reckless driving behaviors.
- Traffic Violations: Running red lights, speeding, failing to yield, and other traffic violations can lead to serious accidents.
- Vehicle Defects and Poor Maintenance: Mechanical failures or poor vehicle maintenance can contribute to accidents.
- Inadequate Background Checks: Rideshare companies are responsible for conducting thorough background checks on drivers. Failure to do so could lead to accidents involving drivers with a history of unsafe driving or criminal behavior.