When you join the MattLaw® A-Team you get to…
Our work is our passion.
We pursue helping our clients with a relentless commitment to EXCELLENCE.
And we constantly strive to be better than our last trial.
We are not looking for the average or the norm.
We seek…THE EXCEPTION.
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!” keep reading…
Director of Operations
Job Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: Matt Powell, Managing Partner
Location: In Tampa, FL Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Status: Salary, Exempt
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Compensation: $100,000 / Year Plus Discretionary Bonus / Incentives Based on Performance
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
To learn more from our founder and Managing Partner about MattLaw® and the next steps in applying for this position, please call 813-628-8529 (MATTLAW).
MattLaw® is a team of Tampa area injury lawyers led by Matt Powell, who has protected thousands of victims and their families for over 35 years.
MattLaw® protects the most vulnerable of our society, people who can’t protect themselves, children, and the elderly. Mothers can’t control what the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are doing during the birth of their child, they place their trust in these professionals, and occasionally they are betrayed resulting in a child born with cerebral palsy. Children are unknowing victims of dangerous products, predatory coaches, religious leaders, or unsafe playgrounds. Our elderly are unable to protect themselves in nursing homes that are understaffed or potentially unsafe. We are active in helping to keep kids safe by sponsoring local charity events throughout the Tampa Bay area where we give children free bicycle helmets and other bicycle riding safety equipment.
SUMMARY: The Director of Operations at MattLaw is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the firm. The Director of Operations works closely with the Managing Partner and other senior leaders to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the firm. This is a position that requires great team-leading skills to keep all of the teams at MattLaw focused on the mission and purpose of MattLaw. This job requires excellent human skills and leadership capabilities to keep everybody on track and moving in the same direction with our core principles and values. This position is responsible for making sure the tools and attitude show up at the right place and the right time to always get the job done. The Director of Operations handles everything from overseeing the building facilities to the quality of our touchpoints with every client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing and optimizing the firm’s resources, including staff, finances, and technology
- Developing and implementing strategic plans and the flow of work for the firm
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing policies and procedures for the firm that ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards
- Leading and managing the support staff, including the Client Relations Specialist, Documents Clerks, Litigation Paralegals, Client Results Coordinators, the Litigation Scheduler, and Litigation Discover Coordinator.
- Implementing and managing software programs used by the firm
- Quality control for the firm – auditing of output, quality, timeliness, and compliance with our strategic plans
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations management, preferably in a legal or professional services setting
- Professional in punctuality and appearance
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Google Docs, G-mail, Honey, Adobe, Zoom, CItrix, VOIP, Canto
NOTE: HIGH-ACHIEVERS ONLY
This is a highly coveted position and we will only recruit an A-player.
Are You THE EXCEPTION?
If so, submit your information and follow the steps to apply.
All applications are 100% confidential!
MattLaw® has been in the courtroom helping clients one trial at a time. MattLaw® has learned the techniques of great trial work from the top lawyers around the country. MattLaw® has developed its own proprietary training and mentorship program, written its own case management software, and is constantly improving the art of trying a case. MattLaw® is proud to have started in the Historical Landmark Building known as the Hutchinson House. We are a team of lawyers and paralegals who continue to repeat history with record results and verdicts…. Be The Exception.