When you join the MattLaw® A-Team you get to…
Our work is our passion.
We pursue helping our clients with a relentless commitment to EXCELLENCE.
And we constantly strive to be better than our last trial.
We are not looking for the average or the norm.
We seek…THE EXCEPTION.
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!” keep reading…
Discovery Coordinator aka Lawsuit Launch Manager
Job Title: Discovery Coordinator aka Lawsuit Launch Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: In Tampa, FL Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Compensation: Starting Pay $25 / Hour Depending on Experience Plus Incentives
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
To learn more from our founder and Managing Partner about MattLaw® and the next steps in applying for this position, please call 813-628-8529 (MATTLAW).
MattLaw® is a team of Tampa area injury lawyers led by Matt Powell, who has protected thousands of victims and their families for over 35 years.
MattLaw® protects the most vulnerable of our society, people who can’t protect themselves, children, and the elderly. Mothers can’t control what the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are doing during the birth of their child, they place their trust in these professionals, and occasionally they are betrayed resulting in a child born with cerebral palsy. Children are unknowing victims of dangerous products, predatory coaches, religious leaders, or unsafe playgrounds. Our elderly are unable to protect themselves in nursing homes that are understaffed or potentially unsafe. We are active in helping to keep kids safe by sponsoring local charity events throughout the Tampa Bay area where we give children free bicycle helmets and other bicycle riding safety equipment.
SUMMARY: The MattLaw Discovery Coordinator is the “Trial Launch Manager.”
Making sure our clients are ready to file lawsuits saves a lot of time and frustration for the team after the lawsuit is filed.
Your focus is making sure our client has provided high quality answers to the soon to be received discovery deadlines from the defense. You have a keen awareness for deadlines including service deadlines, motions for more time, discovery deadlines, letters requesting more time, and discover cut offs.
Once the client has done their best, you have reviewed their answers and made them more persuasive, and the suit has been filed, then your focus is on making sure the defendants are served in less than 30 days. There is a 120-day time limit to serve a defendant, and if we do not successfully get service, the suit could be dismissed because we missed a deadline.
After the suit is filed and service and the defendants have been served, your focus is on making sure the defendants provide timely answers to our requests.
This position is a data intensive position where the team member focuses on discovery requests and compliance to ensure full and complete answers are provided by opposing parties.
The Discovery Coordinator tracks requests for production, interrogatories, requests for admissions, and third party document requests from the origin of the filing of such discovery requests to full and complete answers. In addition, the Discovery Coordinator is responsible for managing deadlines and tracking the legal number of requests, suggesting filing timely objections if and when the number of requests exceeds the permitted number.
The Discovery Coordinator is responsible for generating reports to advise the attorney of the status of each and every request, whether they have been fully answered, partially answered, objected to, or motions to compel are necessary in order to enforce compliance with discovery.
The Discovery Coordinator’s primary mission is to keep all of our requests organized and to enforce timelines and deadlines for answers, and to have the tenacity to keep seeking full and complete answers from counsel parties if necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews Pre-suit client discovery answers for quality and then passes on to the File Suit Team
- Confirm complaints drafted and filed, select the best process server
- Confirm all summons are served, monitor any difficult service issues
- Prepare and file any Motions to extend the time necessary to get service upon a defendant
- Work with process servers to have them give us Affidavits of Diligent Search and Non-Service
- Once the defendants have filed discovery, draft the Request for Production and Interrogatories using the online client answers
- Keep track of all our outgoing discovery in order to send good faith letters reminding defendants of their deadlines, filing Ex-Parte Motions to Compel when possible
- Review incoming discovery and apply to the discovery matrix
- Notify attorney of the answers and advise regarding whether it is necessary to request better information or file Motions to Compel
- Work with the Litigation Scheduler to get Motions set for hearing
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associates degree in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
- Professional in punctuality and appearance
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Efficient and able to complete projects within deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, cooperative and respectful of colleagues, and team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Honey, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack
NOTE: HIGH-ACHIEVERS ONLY
This is a highly coveted position and we will only recruit an A-player.
Are You THE EXCEPTION?
If so, submit your information and follow the steps to apply.
All applications are 100% confidential!
MattLaw® has been in the courtroom helping clients one trial at a time. MattLaw® has learned the techniques of great trial work from the top lawyers around the country. MattLaw® has developed its own proprietary training and mentorship program, written its own case management software, and is constantly improving the art of trying a case. MattLaw® is proud to have started in the Historical Landmark Building known as the Hutchinson House. We are a team of lawyers and paralegals who continue to repeat history with record results and verdicts…. Be The Exception.