When you join the MattLaw® A-Team you get to…
Our work is our passion.
We pursue helping our clients with a relentless commitment to EXCELLENCE.
And we constantly strive to be better than our last trial.
We are not looking for the average or the norm.
We seek…THE EXCEPTION.
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!” keep reading…
Job Title: Document Technologist
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: In Tampa, FL Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Compensation: $20 - $25 / Hour Depending on Experience Plus Incentives
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
To learn more from our founder and Managing Partner about MattLaw® and the next steps in applying for this position, please call 813-628-8529 (MATTLAW).
MattLaw® is a team of Tampa area injury lawyers led by Matt Powell, who has protected thousands of victims and their families for over 35 years.
MattLaw® protects the most vulnerable of our society, people who can’t protect themselves, children, and the elderly. Mothers can’t control what the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are doing during the birth of their child, they place their trust in these professionals, and occasionally they are betrayed resulting in a child born with cerebral palsy. Children are unknowing victims of dangerous products, predatory coaches, religious leaders, or unsafe playgrounds. Our elderly are unable to protect themselves in nursing homes that are understaffed or potentially unsafe. We are active in helping to keep kids safe by sponsoring local charity events throughout the Tampa Bay area where we give children free bicycle helmets and other bicycle riding safety equipment.
At MattLaw we are early adopters of technology and strive to preserve our natural resources in the legal industry which is addicted to paper. As a MattLaw Document Technologist, your responsibilities require extreme organizational skills, high-levels of computer literacy, ability to learn and use new technology quickly. Duties range from scanning paper documents to be converted into digital files, preserving electronic medical records, to handling video and audio files in various formats, and keeping this information organized, protected, and confidential.
This position includes the handling of all outgoing documents whether in the form of email, postage, or delivery service. Most Document Technologists become familiar with the contents of the legal documents, the flows of information, and the progression of cases from onboarding of a new client to the closing of disbursement of settlement funds at the end of the case. From intake to archive, this position will constantly require learning as technology, documents, files, change over the course of time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process incoming documents and information such as:
- Medical records, including radiology studies
- Legal pleadings, such as complaints, answers, and discovery
- Investigation records, such as photographs, maps, drawings, and reports
- Transcripts, such as depositions, recorded statements, and prior discovery
- Managing video files, cloud storage, and backup
- Preparing documents for scanning
- Classifying of easily recognizable documents
- Placing barcode separator sheets between records for scanning
- Filing lawsuits and handling process service
- Sorting and managing emails, text messages, faxes, etc.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Clerical support, as needed, such as answering phones and other clerical duties
- Provide back-up for the Director of Marketing, the Client Relations Specialist, and the intake team
- Office support and mail processing
- Set up intake kits
- Stock office supplies throughout the office including filling the copier
- Stock bottled water throughout the office for staff and clients
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree or Degree in Library Sciences is a plus, but not required
- Typing speed of 40 plus words per minute with high accuracy
- Must embrace the use of technology to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Professional in punctuality and appearance
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, including scanners and printers
- Working knowledge of computer software, including Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Investigative skills
- Ability to carry a box of paper or case of water upstairs
NOTE: HIGH-ACHIEVERS ONLY
This is a highly coveted position and we will only recruit an A-player.
Are You THE EXCEPTION?
If so, submit your information and follow the steps to apply.
All applications are 100% confidential!
MattLaw® has been in the courtroom helping clients one trial at a time. MattLaw® has learned the techniques of great trial work from the top lawyers around the country. MattLaw® has developed its own proprietary training and mentorship program, written its own case management software, and is constantly improving the art of trying a case. MattLaw® is proud to have started in the Historical Landmark Building known as the Hutchinson House. We are a team of lawyers and paralegals who continue to repeat history with record results and verdicts…. Be The Exception.