When you join the MattLaw® A-Team you get to…
Our work is our passion.
We pursue helping our clients with a relentless commitment to EXCELLENCE.
And we constantly strive to be better than our last trial.
We are not looking for the average or the norm.
We seek…THE EXCEPTION.
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!” keep reading…
Litigation Attorney (non-trial)
Job Title: Litigation Attorney (non-trial)
Reports To: Matt Powell - Managing Partner
Location: In Tampa, FL Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Status: Salary / Compensation Plan
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Compensation: $90,000 - $250,000 and Up Depending on Experience and Ability
Benefits: Mentorship, Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
To learn more from our founder and Managing Partner about MattLaw® and the next steps in applying for this position, please call 813-628-8529 (MATTLAW).
MattLaw® is a team of Tampa area injury lawyers led by Matt Powell, who has protected thousands of victims and their families for over 35 years.
MattLaw® protects the most vulnerable of our society, people who can’t protect themselves, children, and the elderly. Mothers can’t control what the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are doing during the birth of their child, they place their trust in these professionals, and occasionally they are betrayed resulting in a child born with cerebral palsy. Children are unknowing victims of dangerous products, predatory coaches, religious leaders, or unsafe playgrounds. Our elderly are unable to protect themselves in nursing homes that are understaffed or potentially unsafe. We are active in helping to keep kids safe by sponsoring local charity events throughout the Tampa Bay area where we give children free bicycle helmets and other bicycle riding safety equipment.
SUMMARY: A non-trial litigating attorney at MattLaw is responsible for preparing a case for trial, and to sit second or third chair as support for the trial.
Heavy emphasis on motion practice and discovery.
This position is perfect for some lawyers who are great at building a case, but do not have the love of presenting the case in trial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working with the client, your team to seize upon every opportunity to improve our client’s case. Whether seeking punitive damages, or taking 1.130(b)(6) depositions, your job is to dive deeply into the elements of the case, preserving all evidence to win the case at trial.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Member of the Florida Bar in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years experience in civil litigation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Florida law and civil procedure
- Strong legal research skills with the ability to effectively interpret and apply Florida case law, statutes, and Florida Evidence Code
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft and review pleadings
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work as part of a team, including coordinating with paralegals, support staff, and other attorneys
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple cases and deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Deposition experience ranging from client preparation to deposing opposing expert witnesses
- Extensive understanding of Proposals for Settlements, Offers for Judgements, etc.
- Medical knowledge pertinent to personal injury litigation
- You must be able to type at least 35 words per minute
- You embrace computers and technology.
NOTE: HIGH-ACHIEVERS ONLY
This is a highly coveted position and we will only recruit an A-player.
Are You THE EXCEPTION?
If so, submit your information and follow the steps to apply.
All applications are 100% confidential!
MattLaw® has been in the courtroom helping clients one trial at a time. MattLaw® has learned the techniques of great trial work from the top lawyers around the country. MattLaw® has developed its own proprietary training and mentorship program, written its own case management software, and is constantly improving the art of trying a case. MattLaw® is proud to have started in the Historical Landmark Building known as the Hutchinson House. We are a team of lawyers and paralegals who continue to repeat history with record results and verdicts…. Be The Exception.