When you join the MattLaw® A-Team you get to…
Our work is our passion.
We pursue helping our clients with a relentless commitment to EXCELLENCE.
And we constantly strive to be better than our last trial.
We are not looking for the average or the norm.
We seek…THE EXCEPTION.
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!” keep reading…
Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
Job Title: Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: In Tampa, FL Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Status: Hourly Position
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Compensation: Starting at $22 / hour Depending on Experience Plus Incentives
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
To learn more from our founder and Managing Partner about MattLaw® and the next steps in applying for this position, please call 813-628-8529 (MATTLAW).
MattLaw® is a team of Tampa area injury lawyers led by Matt Powell, who has protected thousands of victims and their families for over 35 years.
MattLaw® protects the most vulnerable of our society, people who can’t protect themselves, children, and the elderly. Mothers can’t control what the doctors, nurses, and hospitals are doing during the birth of their child, they place their trust in these professionals, and occasionally they are betrayed resulting in a child born with cerebral palsy. Children are unknowing victims of dangerous products, predatory coaches, religious leaders, or unsafe playgrounds. Our elderly are unable to protect themselves in nursing homes that are understaffed or potentially unsafe. We are active in helping to keep kids safe by sponsoring local charity events throughout the Tampa Bay area where we give children free bicycle helmets and other bicycle riding safety equipment.
SUMMARY: At MattLaw we pride ourselves as being a law firm of trial lawyers. As a result, we strive to do the hard work that most lawyers avoid. In order to provide excellent service to our clients, litigation paralegals have the demanding job of supporting our clients and the lawyers through proactive, hands-on case management.
Your role is to be the liaison between the attorney and the client regarding processes, scheduling, and updates along the way assisting the attorney with the filing of documents, responding to motions, docketing deadlines and timelines from court, including discovery and anticipating the needs for trial.
This position requires great organizational skills, great summary skills, and the ability to get the job done when it comes to crunch time like trial. Every litigation case has its own quirks and complexities. Preparing demonstrative aids to exhibits to be introduced at trial , to working with the team to draft appropriate responses to expert discovery, Daubert motions, as well as coordinating companion cases that are peripheral to the main litigation cases such as guardianship, probate, bankruptcy, or criminal.
The Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal is not a position for everyone. As lawyers, we assist clients at the best times of their lives as well as the worst times of their lives. Our job is to help guide our clients through the legal and litigation process and help them solve their problems in the most fair, efficient, and appropriate way that meets the needs of their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and file legal documents, including motions and discovery requests
- Once the defendants have filed discovery, answer the Request for Production and Interrogatories using the online client answers
- Conduct legal research and assist with case strategy
- Prepare cases for trial and assist with other aspects of trial preparation to ensure trial readiness
- Communicate with clients, opposing council, and court personnel
- Monitor and help with discovery when needed
- Assist in ensuring witnesses at trial have everything they need to testify
- Prepare Trial Notebooks, Witness Binders, Evidence Binders
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience
- 3+ year of experience as a plaintiff’s personal injury litigation paralegal
- Professional in punctuality and appearance
- Knowledge of personal injury law and litigation procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient word processing, CRM, Email and Westlaw
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Typing skills above 35 wpm
NOTE: HIGH-ACHIEVERS ONLY
This is a highly coveted position and we will only recruit an A-player.
Are You THE EXCEPTION?
If so, submit your information and follow the steps to apply.
All applications are 100% confidential!
MattLaw® has been in the courtroom helping clients one trial at a time. MattLaw® has learned the techniques of great trial work from the top lawyers around the country. MattLaw® has developed its own proprietary training and mentorship program, written its own case management software, and is constantly improving the art of trying a case. MattLaw® is proud to have started in the Historical Landmark Building known as the Hutchinson House. We are a team of lawyers and paralegals who continue to repeat history with record results and verdicts…. Be The Exception.