Hiring a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
The Importance of Hiring the Right Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
Hiring an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer is an important step to protect your rights. If you were injured in a car accident that was not your fault, the attorneys at MattLaw can offer you the information to help protect your rights. Call MattLaw to speak with an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer about your claim. We have helped people all over the state of Florida and Tampa. An experienced car accident lawyer can guide you in the right direction and save you a lot of time, hassle and aggravation. Matt Powell is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer with over twenty years of experience helping injured car accident victims.
Car Accidents Happen in a moment, but injuries can last a Lifetime
Driving in Florida, the chances are high that you or a family member will be injured in a car accident that was not your fault. If being hurt in the car crash isn’t bad enough, the way you are sometimes treated by the insurance companies can be worse. Insurance companies do their best to deny or reduce paying your injury claim, and if they must pay your injury claim, they may delay paying you for as long they can. It is important to be knowledgeable and prepared before an auto accident so that what you do after the car accident will make a difference in your recovery. Speak with an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer at MattLaw about your claim at 813-222-2222.
What you Should do After a Car Crash
Protect your Rights by Hiring a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Your Selection of a Car Accident Lawyer is Crucial
If you have questions about a crash and would like to speak with a Tampa car accident lawyer, please call us at MattLaw. We will be glad to give you a free consultation. If you have a case that we can accept, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay us anything up front. We only get paid when we make a recovery for you. We are experienced Tampa personal injury attorneys helping people and families for over 20 years with car accident cases.
Follow these Steps after a Crash
- Stop your vehicle and wait for the police. There is almost never a good excuse for leaving the scene of an accident.
- Check and make sure that you and your passengers are okay, then see if anyone else is injured from the crash. If there are injuries, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Don’t move anyone that is badly injured unless there is a danger for greater injury by leaving them where they are. If you are hurt and are not in grave danger, it is usually best to remain in your car until medical help arrives.
- Leave your car where it is. Don’t move the car unless it is a clear liability case where you were rear ended. You should only move your car if it is blocking a busy road. When in doubt, leave your car where it is until the police tell you it is okay to move your car.
- Go to the hospital for your injuries. The sooner you get checked out by a doctor, the better it will be for your case. The insurance companies love to say later that you must not have been hurt because you waited a long time before you saw a doctor. Avoid this insurance trick by getting checked out as soon as possible after the crash.
- Take photographs: of the damaged vehicles, skid marks, traffic signals and signs, and various points of view that each driver would have had before the crash.
- Preserve any evidence, such as the identity of witnesses who may be able to help explain that the other driver was at fault. Get the other drivers name, address, and insurance company, as well as the other vehicle owners information too.
- Tell the police what happened but do not give any other statements to any other “investigators” for the other parties. There will be plenty of time to give statements later. Don’t give a recorded statement to anyone without speaking to an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer first.